Here are a couple of recommendations for things to do in the area. You might like to book ahead. Each apartment also has a guide to 'quirky' things to do in and around Port Douglas.
Great Barrier Reef
- Calypso offer great full and half day trips: calypsoreefcruises.com/
- Wavelength has smaller boats with a more personal experience: wavelength.com.au
- ABC Dive is great for scuba divers.
- Tony's Tropical Tours runs day trips to Cape Tribulation. The smaller buses make a more personal experience: tropicaltours.com.au
- This small paddle-wheel boat is great for an afternoon trip up Dixon's Inlet. It is a quiet trip on smooth water and you will see some nice bird life and maybe a crocodile or two.
Hartley's Creek Crocodile Farm
- This is located about 20 minutes drive south of Port Douglas and is a great way to have a safe crocodile experience.
- Mossman Gorge has lush tropical rainforest, cascading waterfalls and colourful flora and fauna. The Mossman Gorge Centre is a new Indigenous eco-tourism development and gateway to Mossman Gorge: mossmangorge.com.au/